Google Pixel continues to impress with high-end android devices. The Google Pixel 3 XL is Google’s up-to-the minute flagship smartphone. As usual, it promises all we have expected with the Pixel brand line, such as, Fast performance, clean build of Android, fascinating software only Google has.
The Pixel 3 XL has gotten its fair share/likes even before the phone was launched. 80% of it had to do with the phone’s designs and that’s not all Google’s finest work –about the designs.
Release Date “Google Pixel 3 XL”
It’s announced on 9th October, 2018 at Google event. Pre-order commence right after, as well as shipping started in mid-October. Google Pixel 3 XL is now purchasable.
Best of LG: LG V40 THINQ Specs
The Google Pixel 3XL come in three exquisite colors: clearly white (white with a mint green power button), all black, Pink (with an orange power button). Google Pixel 3XL has a large notch on its display. The notch attracts lots of critics online and was heavily mocked for its large size –still with a large bottom bezel. Users should take note that the “Notch” can be blacked out in developer options.
Best Cameras: OnePlus 6T specification
They talk the talk, they walk the walk. Google Pixel has given users a 12.2 MegaPixel of rear camera. Similar to its predecessor Pixel 2XL, but the 3XL had new photography features. However, with a second wide-angle seflie camera with optimize visual. These camera features are absolutely breath-taking:
- Top-notch Shot: Picking the best shots –automatically.
- Night Sight: Improved low light without a flash.
- Google Lens: Readily recognizes things and objects seen.
- Group Selfie Cam: wide angle shot.
This device uses an open chip named “Pixel Visual Core” to acquire artificial intelligent camera capabilities.
Google guaranteed three years of security updates and software updates. Pixel 3XL was launched with Android 9.0 “Pie”. The company decided to get rid of the “voice-Unlock” but the functionality was abled in previous Google Pixel devices.
The phone features wireless charging and glass backs –being the first pixel range. It comes with a Snapdragon 845 and runs a 4GB of RAM with a 64/128GB internal storage.
Google Pixel 3XL contains Active Edge. This smartphone has a water protection rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529. Such a rating was an improvement from its predecessor’s rating of IP67.
Moreover, it features a front-facing stereo speaker and without headphone jack, like its predecessor Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. It uses a USB-C connection for connecting and charging other devices.
When it comes to Wireless charging, everything boils down to how fast. It can charge at 10W, but is capped to 5W when used with a third party wireless charger.
Google Pixel 3 XL Key Specs
- Design: Gorilla Glass 5 back and front, Aluminum frame, IP68-rating.
- Display: 6.3-inch, 2960×1440, 18.5:9,OLED, HDR-10.
- Chipset: octa-core (4×2.5 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.6 GHz Kryo 385 Silver) & Qualcomm Snapdragon 845. GPU: Titan M security module, Pixel Visual Core. CPU: Adreno 630
- OS: Android 9 Pie
- Rear Camera: 12.2MP f1.8 dual-pixel PDAF, dual LED flash, OIS, 720p240/1080p120/4K30 video.
- Memory: 64/128GB storage, 4GB LPDDR4x RAM.
- Front Camera: 8MP f2.2 wide-angle, 1080p30 video, 8MP f1.8 telephoto.
- Battery: 3430mAh, Qi wireless charging support & 18W charger.
- Misc: Active Edge squeeze sensors, front facing stereo speakers, Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor.
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0, 4G-LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11ac, NFC, USB-C 3.1 Gen 1, GPS/GLONASS/Galileo/BeiDou
Note: With this little review, I hope Pixel brand had convinced you that they are always resplendent devices. Probing beyond that, they’re more than just specifications, hardware. Rather they’re very big on using software to work brilliantly.
Issues & Whys
- Pixel 3 XL imbalanced Speakers & abnormal vibration: Google said this is by design –as they make use of a new amplifier tech with a more advanced speaker protection.
- Camera Photos failing to save: Some a user has been reporting issues pertaining saving camera photos. The snag maybe related to Google Camera and Google is aware of it.
- Random notches Display: Pixel 3 XL users had frequently reported the random displays of notches on the side of their screen.
- Audio Recording Muffled: Google said it was intentional. That the microphone was masterly tuned to reduce background noise, whereas it optimizes the spoken word.
- Destruction background music players if switched btw apps: This may be as a result of how memory management is handled.
It breaks ambient notifications while on Google Pixel Stands: Google is aware of the bug and are looking into it.