Here again on Androidremax.com, we’re writing a unique article that is extremely useful for phone users. If you’ve thrown your smartphone into the sink, pool or even the toilet –don’t panic. If you could follow our simple step by step action pretty fast, you can prevent your smartphone from getting spoiled.
Without further ado, in this article we’ll show you how you can save a phone that has just been dropped in water.
Note: 1st the longer the gadget stays in the water the more water or liquid will seep through the cracks or openings of it, so your first step –just like a warm up before the mean tips –remove the phone from the water as fast as you can.
Once you’ve done that, there are couple of things that need to be done right and also certain things must avoid doing to absolutely prevent water damage. They’re listed below:-
- Do not turn it on.
- Do not shake, tap or bang the phone.
- Do not press any buttons or keys.
- Do not blow on it.
- Do not heat it up (or blow dryer or microwave it)
For these could do more harm than good. Could send water into other internal parts of the phone that water hadn’t gotten go yet and cause more damage in the process.
Truly your device now has the chances of survival! And please do your utmost to follow these steps by steps tips –accurately! @ Androidremax.com.
10 steps to saving your water damaged phone
- Victim of this snag must turn off the device if, it isn’t already and should immediately hold it upright.
- If there’s any protective casing it should be remove and also remove your sim and micro SD cards from their slots. This is to prevent water from getting into those areas, and even if you could remove the cards ahead of time, they won’t be damaged.
- Open up the back the back and try remove the battery; tough luck if the battery ain’t removable.
- After these few steps given you need use a cloth –try clean cloth of any kind such as; paper towel or sleeve to dab your phone dry. Please note: Victim should spreading the liquid around! Make a firm grasp when you dab-clean your device. Sure if you don’t, the liquid could push itself into more of the phone’s openings. Be that as it may, the device will just soak up as much as possible.
- Also the victim should know that if the water entering or damage is even more extensive, they can use a vacuum to without mistake suck out water stuck from the cracks that are harder to get at. Make sure to remove Micro SD card, SIM Card or battery before endeavoring to use the Vacuum.
- Now we all have to go back the old school of it all –the local cradle of absorbing liquid from devices –Bury the phone in a ziplock bag full of uncooked rice. Rice is quite an awesome technique when it comes down to drying smartphones and tablets. If it’s ok with you, you can also buy dedicated phone drying pouches –trust me there’s a necessity for it if you’re the clumsy type. But if you don’t have it at home before the incident please don’t bother going out to get one. The sounds of time are running out so it will be better if you just get your phone into rice as quickly as possible.
- You should let your device dry for a day or two. Please you shouldn’t be tempted to switch it on to see if it still works. If it’s so that hard, you can put your SIM card in an old phone of yours or could ask a friend or family if they can lend you their phone.
- whena handful of days, victim will currently take away the phone from the rice bag and insert the battery into the phone and doubtless switch the phone on.
- If you device has turned on and it’s running smoothly, you should still keep an close eye on it for couple of days, to see if you notice anything unusual behavior. You can go as far as playing some music now, to check whether the speakers are still sound and also ensure the touch screen still responds as it should.
- NOTE: if your phone doesn’t turn on, try charging it and if it doesn’t charge, then the battery might be been damaged. You can buy new battery for replacement or consider taking your smartphone to a repair shop to see what the problems might be.
Hope these steps-by-steps have helped you rescue your phone. If you want a sure protection of your phone from water in future, you can also purchase a waterproof phone case.
Do you have the other tips about the way to save a smartphone that that would have doable water damage? Did our recommendation facilitate you? allow us to understand within the comments.